Wednesday 7 March 2012

The beginning and the end ...........

I've started a new group on facebook and I love it so much, I just want to spend all my time there..............so my blog suffers.

 It's called CREATIVE.  Anything 'arty farty' that anyone makes can be posted there. Crochet, knitting, quilting, dressmaking, pottery, painting, scrapbooking, decorating, home remedies, quotes, ideas, writing, decoupage.....etc. etc..................You're welcome to join us if you want to share your goodies!

Enough of that .....

I'm starting two new projects today:

1.
2.
The same?   Yes and no............same pattern though, but they're for two totally different projects.  I fell in love with the wool and decided to use it for both.  The 1st one will be a throw for my son's (29) bed.

The 2nd one will become my new grandson-to-be's blankie.

..........So much for the new beginnings.......not much left to be said there........for a while anyway.

As far as the end goes ........some of you might know already that I''ve completed my hippy-blanket.
I did not know what to do with the border and had a bit (and still do) of all the colours left, so I decided to use them in the border too. 

It was quite a fulfilling process as I never knew what was going to happen with it next. I started out from a pattern (not the same colors though), but there were mistakes in it, so I chucked the book and decided to do my own thing..........which resulted in 'thinking in the highest (most creative) gear' but it also resulted in this:

It's going to be in my lounge on the couch throughout the winter - which isn't too far away from us - unfortunately.   But I can  imagine hot chocolate, popcorn and movies .................

I'm not particularly fond of the cold winters here in Pretoria, but at least I have SOMETHING to look forward too.

Oh, I forgot to mention .......... a couple of hours of crocheting under it too ..............

Ok, I'm off to my new beginnings.....cheers......



1 comment:

  1. Hierdie bont bers van jou is vir my baie mooi- genoeg om enige wintersdag op te te helder!

    ReplyDelete